Everything you need to know about the Western Michigan University Broncos!
WESTERN MICHIGAN UNIVERSITY
Head Dance Coach:
Coach's Contact Info: Ashley Counterman
1903 Western Michigan Avenue, Kalamazoo, MI 49008
Office: (269) 387-3343
Cell: (269) 387-3343
SPIRIT SQUAD DETAILS
Team Colors: Brown, Gold
Team Mascot: Broncos
Sports Conference: Mid-American Conference
Programs Offered: Dance Team
Social Media Handles:
Scholarships Offered: Scholarships are not offered at this time.
Clinic & Tryout Dates: Clinics are in January/February. Tryouts are the first weekend of May.
- Tripe pirouette, coupe turns (doubles/triples)
- High battements/kicks (kickline)
- Turning calypso leap, turning straight leg leap, grande jetes
- Leap in second/side-leaps
- Foutee/A la seconde turns
- Turning leg holds, ariels, switch leaps
- Leg extensions, additional variations of leaps, advanced turning sequences
Competition Involvement: The dance team competes at the NCA & NDA College Cheerleading and Dance Team National Championship in Daytona, FL.
Program National Championship Titles:
Dance Division 1A Open: 2007