Balancing the life of a student-athlete can be hard. Making good grades, going to practice, eating healthy, and cheering ball games is a lot to manage in one day. After a full day of activities, here is a handful of tips to help you wind down and get a good night's sleep!
1. Wash away your troublesA hot bath with Epsom salt or a bath bomb will help relax your muscles and your mind. Add some essential oils and tea lights for the full spa effect!
2. Skip the caffeine and sugarSugar and caffeine before bed will keep you up longer and will rob your body of the precious sleep you need to allow it to recover after a long day of practice. Try Sleepytime Hot Tea help satisfy your sweet tooth and help you unwind before bed.
3. Unplug from electronicsLimit your social media usage late at night to help your mind relax before bed. Scrolling through Twitter or Instagram while laying in bed keeps your mind alert and makes falling asleep difficult. For better sleep, unplug from your tech 30 minutes before bedtime.
4. Nighttime yogaYoga and meditation is known to relax your body and mind. Doing nighttime yoga can help you reach a deeper sleep at night!
5. Organize for the day aheadWorrying about tomorrow will only hinder your sleep schedule. Set out your clothes and organize your planner and backpack to help you feel more prepared for the day ahead. Now it's time to catch some Zs!